Sharon Hawley

Sharon Hawley
Click on this map to open Michael Angerman's detailed map showing my current location. There, you can pan and zoom.. Thanks Michael

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Mossy Heads




Even after two days without rain, flooding persists in the lowlands.  Many roads are still closed, but not the ones I needed for progress toward home.









Beaver Pond








Another kind of flooding is controlled by our furry friends the beavers.  They created this picturesque lake reflecting a tall pine tree just to enhance the environment and make it better for their children.  













Moss tries to grow on anything that moves slow enough for it to get started.  Two days ago I tried to convince you that it grows on my bike and that my hair is becoming mossy.  For you who thought that silly, hear is Mossy Head Park where we go to find solace among fellow mossy heads. 












On the ground grow several kinds of moss, much different from mossy headed trees.  Here are two close-ups from a walk in the woods. 

6 comments:

  1. Wow, Sharon, those are two new hairdo's for you I think! I love Mossy Heads, and they are not silly at all just lovely! I myself had my French fairy stylist do my hair yesterday at Colleen's salon, but I forgot to ask for the Mossy Head look! Next time. Stay out of those "puddles" please! +We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. The ground moss is very small. My head would have to shrink tenfold to get into it. I am 15% of the way home and miss you.

      Delete
  2. Itty bitty mossy can get mini messy. At least our cycling Missy won't meet Mr. Maxi Moosey on the loosey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No maxi moosey here. How about maxi alligatorey. Missy is still wishy and keeping an eye out.

      Delete
  3. Just a handle full of regular moss costs $15 fifteen years ago. Such a rare looking would be much more today. You are lucky. Maybe you can bring some home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In Tennessee we used to hunt ginseng in the woods because we could sell it. Do you really think these common mosses that I see all about would bring a price?

      Delete