Sharon Hawley

Sharon Hawley
Click on this map to open Michael Angerman's detailed map showing my current location. There, you can pan and zoom.. Thanks Michael

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Seasonal Musings


Seasons

Leaves of March
delicate and green
lean southward today
springtime, coasting with the leaves
winter, pushing north  












Musings

somewhere along a shoulderless road
where snaggle trees thrive
in the grackle grass   












and Texas tacks
tackle bicycle tires
crowns of thorns 














Corey P. Wright
died on Road 20 south of Bastrop, Texas
 October 10, 1998



where too many cars
move too fast
and the trailer of a semi
swerved to the right

will someone erect a cross for me? 

6 comments:

  1. Please be careful, I know you are... I hope this trip can be full of poetry and steer clear of misadventure... we don't like shoulderless roads! Oh dear what a long trip you are on...Wish we could make your time companionable --we try here on this sky blue page!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shoulderless roads are surely the pits where traffic is fast and much. they are pleasant for meandering the country where cars go little faster than cows and bikes. I will try to avoid the dangerous kind.

      Delete
  2. Ouch! Look at the thorny thorns! And don't be selling your soul to the devil at the crossroads so that you can ride your bicycle faster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is safe that I want from whoever controls my soul, not fast; How much shall I pay for safe?

      Delete
    2. Fortune cookie say, "To get into safe, must have right combination."

      Delete
    3. there is no reasoning with you on my level; you are too clever. Please send combination for safe.

      Delete